Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

Worried about not meeting the tax-filing deadline? Our office can help you submit a request for extension by helping you file Form 4868 – the Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Tax Return. Our certified CPAs can help you complete the relatively short form with a competence that is par none. Call our office at 956.447.9009 to start the process.

Sometimes financial issues arise and paying your tax liability may not seem like a top priority. Regardless, you’re going to want to file that return (or extension) by April 15th and immediately contact the IRS regarding yours situation. The IRS may be able to offer you an installment agreement or compromise if necessary. Failing to file by the deadline, however, means penalties on top of failure to pay penalties. Avoid these issues by seeking financial guidance at Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc., where our CPAs are happy to offer help when you need it most. Reach us at 956.447.9009 to get a personalized plan on how to resolve your financial issues.

Filed taxes and now you owe money? Don’t fret…there are some options available to you:

  • You can pay your balance in full by check or credit card.
  • Can’t afford to make a full payment?  You can arrange a payment plan with the IRS.
  • The U.S. Treasury also offers a free service for electronic payment services.

If you’re not too sure which option is best for your situation, call Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc. to have a qualified CPA help you figure out the best route. Reach us at 956.447.9009 to plan for those tax liabilities.

If you’ve gotten behind on filing taxes, the IRS does allow for you to file as many returns as you’d like. Yet, what’s important to realize is that you run the risk of increased financial penalties and not being able to receive any refund money past three years. Also, past returns can only be filed by mail. If you need assistance or have any questions about filing for previous tax returns, contact our tax specialists at 956.447.9009 to find out what to do next.

It’s extremely important to understand the different filing statuses and how they can affect your tax return. First of all, there are five different filing statuses:
  • Single
  • Married filing jointly
  • Married filing separately
  • Head of household
  • Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child
Next, there are certain criteria that need to met to claim a dependent child:
  • The child must be your child or stepchild, foster child, sibling or stepsibling or descendent of one of these.
  • The child must live at your residence for more than six months.
  • The child must be under 19 years of age or he or she may be under 24 if they are a full-time college student for more than six months out of the year.
  • You must have provided support for that child for the year.
Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc. can help you resolve any questions about the filing status that would best suite your own situation. Call us at 956.447.9009 to find out what works best for you.

A 1099 form is usually given to an independent contractor or freelancer as a record of income paid to them by a business or other employers. What is essential for a recipient of the 1099 is to realize that the form does not include deductions at the state or federal level nor are there social security deductions. Also, the forms are sent to the IRS, which means the employee is responsible to claim that income, and for the tax liabilities as well. If you’ve received this form from an employer, but are unsure as to what the next steps are to file your taxes, then give Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc. a call. Our CPAs are knowledgeable and exceedingly capable of helping you resolve any financial issues or questions you may have. Get started today by calling us at 956.447.9009.

Having issues obtaining your W-2 Forms from a defunct employer? Contact the IRS immediately to begin the process on retrieving those vital forms. If the W-2 forms happen to be completely unavailable to you, substitute Form 4852 alongside your last paycheck stub can be utilized to figure out your annual wages and tax withheld. Just remember that it’s still your responsibility to file those taxes on time regardless of your work circumstances. Not sure whom you need to speak with or even where to begin when searching for those lost forms? Then contact the tax experts at Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc. at 956.447.9009 and we’ll help you to resolve those concerns.

Do you have missing tax forms? Then you need to file Form 4868 by April 17th. If done correctly, then your deadline will change to October 15th, giving you plenty of time to get those forms in order. If you owe money though, it must be paid by April 17th. If you’re having issues finding Form 4868 and just can’t seem to find all your necessary tax forms, then reach our highly capable CPAs at 956.447.9009 to get the help you deserve.

Being audited can be a scary experience, but it isn’t the end of the world. If you’re being audited, you’ll receive a notice in the mail stating so.  The notice will have the specific date the audit will take place as well as the office of the auditing agent. Requesting the audit to be held at the office of a tax professional or your attorney’s office is definitely the best manner to go about this. In fact Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc. have years of experience dealing with these sorts of situations occurring in our very own office.  So if a peace of mind is what you’re seeking, contact us at 956.447.9009 and let us deal with your worries in productive and efficient manner.

Doing your own taxes is always an option.  Yet, the reality is that a certified account will likely have the additional insight and skills to really ensure a quality tax return. Plus, when utilizing a recognized firm like Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc., you’ll receive the finest assistance including technology that allows us to keep up-to-date on all the latest changes in tax policies made by the Texas Comptroller. Our systemic approach to doing taxes means we’ll find every exemption possible for you or your business. So yes, you can do your own taxes.  But it’s really to your benefit to take advantage of our 50 years of combined experience. At Gonzalez & Arrambide, Inc, we offer the best possible tax service available in the Greater Rio Grande Valley region.  Make life a little easier by going to accountants you can trust.  Reach our office at 956.447.9009 and find out how we can help.